söndag 4 juli 2010

Rip it up and start the blog again

Yes, now Im back! After a couple of hectic months with studying, a journalistic internship, work etc. I now have some time off to write on the blog!:)And this time Im back stronger than ever... I have now also started to write on a blog with political (neutral) theme. Please read it and tell me what you think. thecatgoespolitical.blogspot is the address.

Anyhow, I thought it would be good to start with a good book recommendation, something for you to enjoy in your hammock during Summer. This book is called "Rip it up and start again" by Simon Reynolds which I read during spring. Although I didn´t write on the blog, of course I took some time to engage in my biggest interrest.

The book is about the Post Punk era 1978 and 1984. Reynolds guides us through the history of post punk, how it emerged, the reasons to the development of the genre and how this creative era finally stopped in the mid-80s. Reynolds gives us brilliant details and each chapter is divided after record labels and bands. This is truly a brilliant book due to the fact that, as far as I know, no such comprehensive book has ever been written on this neglected but great and meaningful era in music history. Everything from Joy Division to Orange Juice can be found in this wonderful book.



Enjoy!

/The Drumming Cat

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar