söndag 29 augusti 2010

Report from Popaganda

So, another edition of Popaganda has come to an end. And overall, I must say it was not as good as I expected it to be. I don´t want to say it was bad festival, it never is, but this year it did not reach the high expectations. This due to a few disappointments regarding certain acts.

A few selected concert reviews (grades on a scale from 1-5)

First Aid Kit 3+

A country-inspred girl-duo from Stockholm brought us a great concert with songs that made me think a lot of New York-based group The Essex Green. A few unexpected and creative thougt out covers, including "When I grow up" by fever Ray gives the group the plus sign.

This is head 3-

Swedish group This is head has a lot of cool songs and great energy on stage, but it feels like they could have done more with their material. it fet as if they didn´t change their songs a lot from the original recordings, and a concert with no surprises is nothing that gives an extra point in my book.

Jonathan Johansson 2+

I watched him earlier this year and that concert was much better than this one. A plus side to Jonathan Johansson is his sense of humour which I think some people interpret as him bragging and being nonchalant. But I do believe that is a misunderstanding.

Belle and Sebastian 2-

The hugh disappointment of the festival. The concert never really took off and with their brilliant material they could have done much more with the songs. But they failed and it became on the verge of a boring experience. It felt as if they just had decided to play their songs as a duty and sound exactly like on their records. No, this was certainly not one of the more positive concert experiences of my life.

Shout out louds 4

The by far best concert I attended (I didn´t watch all so i can´t speak for every act). Great energy on stage, an enthusiastic crowd topped with singer Adam Olenius really charactaristic and energetic voice. Trully a brilliant concert!

Magic numbers 4-

A couple of songs which it´s hard not to dance to with lead singer Romeo Stodart always communicating and makesa sure the crowd tags along with their songs, making the crowd feel like a part of the concert. Really good concert!

I also watched the first half of the Hot Chip concert which ended the festival and it seemed promising. I felt tired though and went home, but that had nothing to do with Hot Chip.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I unforunately didn´t have the oppurtunity to watch all the bands. And most people know about Robyn and I try to wrie about mostly lesser known asrtists and bands in this blog.

    SvaraRadera